Bitraider patcher, and how to fix it!

Bitraider patcher, and how to fix it!

Postby Yusi » December 4th, 2013, 8:10 am

Back in August, Bioware changed their launcher to use BitRaider for patching - in theory this allows you to play parts of the game while patching - great huh? Not so much, no. For me, and a lot of other people, the bitraider crap causes patching to take several hours (started on 2.5 today, got to 3,27% in 8 minutes). The thing is, that isnt even the patch - it's called 'reorganizing data'. So, some guy on the swtor.com forums figured out a way to disable the bitraider feature.

Pros:
No bitraider
Download patch, install, play. No mumbojumbo.

Cons:
The entire game needs to be redownloaded.

If you're prepared to install the game from scratch, follow these instructions:

I had a similar issue with the streaming patcher. The only difference being is that it would keep updating even though the game never crashed, or actually have a patch released. I manually switched it back to the old patching method and haven't had a problem with it trying to constantly update at random times when it didn't need an update.

Basically deleted the Bit Raider folder in the SWTOR directory and changed the following lines in launcher.settings from:
Code:
"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"
, "bitraider_download_complete":
{ "swtor": true
}
, "bitraider_disable": false
to:
Code:
"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_download_complete":
{ "swtor": false
}
, "bitraider_disable": true
Patches also download alot faster now. Bit Raider was pulling 2 MBps at best, with an average of 500 KBps, while the old method runs about 3.5-4 MBps.

So if you see ST in the lower left hand corner of your patcher, try the above. Could be an issue with Bit Raider.

Good luck, and have fun star warsing and patching D:
Imp 55s: Amazeballs | Yusiya | Bållsdeep | Yuzia | Yusia | Yuzi | Yus | Yusio | Buffpugsplz | Biowàre'plz
Rep 55s: Yuz | Ilovemylex | Bàllsdeep | Nerfoperatives | Yus'i | Nerfsmash'and | Nerfoperativplz

TOFN: Nerfoperatives (imp), Nerfoperativplz (rep)
Yusi

Re: Bitraider patcher, and how to fix it!

Postby Sallakat » December 11th, 2013, 8:50 am

Yeah this is just crazy really and for me too much "work" to do to get rid of it :P I bought a new computer and installing the game again I ofc got that ST mark on the bottom left corner of my launcher. Didn't really make anything of it until some very small, to most ppl unnoticeable patch download (some say they didn't even see it install it was so fast and some say it took max 10mins) took me almost 3 hours to install :P Was nice making a whole raid team wait for that night... As of now whenever a new patch comes I keep my fingers and toes crossed so it won't get fucked up again.

Also during the patching, after some point, the content you actually can play is the one on starting planets, so A LOT of help there whooooot :P
<Rebuilt> http://www.rebuilt.enjin.com
Kaia - sorcerer | Katriina - assassin | Lení - sorcerer | Yona - marauder | Aino - operative
Sallakat

Postby Stelios » December 11th, 2013, 9:50 am

Is there any specific reason this happens to people? As in any hardware, OS or something else that triggers it?
Or is it just random bad luck?
Stelioss - LVL 55 Sentinel
Stelinator - LVL 55 Shadow

Forum warrior since 2008
Stelios

Postby Yusi » December 11th, 2013, 10:18 am

Random bad luck as far as I can tell - there's multiple threads on swtor.com, but customer response stopped replying after giving 15 useless replies, and urging people to stick with it, since bitraider was as amazing as swaghetti yolognaise.
Imp 55s: Amazeballs | Yusiya | Bållsdeep | Yuzia | Yusia | Yuzi | Yus | Yusio | Buffpugsplz | Biowàre'plz
Rep 55s: Yuz | Ilovemylex | Bàllsdeep | Nerfoperatives | Yus'i | Nerfsmash'and | Nerfoperativplz

Yusi

Postby Stelios » December 11th, 2013, 10:47 am

Ah yes ofcourse, the infamous 'It's not Bioware's fault, it must be something on your end' responses. :P

Forum warrior since 2008
Stelios

Postby Yusi » December 11th, 2013, 10:51 am

Stelios wrote:Ah yes ofcourse, the infamous 'It's not Bioware's fault, it must be something on your end' responses. :P

On a completely unrelated note: can you fix your sig? It's very frustrating. :|

Yusi

Postby Stelios » December 11th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Yusi wrote:
Stelios wrote:Ah yes ofcourse, the infamous 'It's not Bioware's fault, it must be something on your end' responses. :P

On a completely unrelated note: can you fix your sig? It's very frustrating. :|

Haha, will do :P

Forum warrior since 2008
Stelios

Postby Amantino » December 19th, 2013, 10:51 am

...and bioware wonders why people are leaving the game :(
Jennifér - 55 Marauder
<Reckoning>
Amantino - 100 Holy Paladin
Amantino

Return to General Red Eclipse Talk